Prison to Table: The Other Side of the Whole Foods Experience. I hadn't heard about that yet. #>
Lightroom Now Remains Mostly Functional Even if Your License Runs Out. Could be worse I guess. #>
Seriously, Do Not Track: Adblock Plus gives Facebook users a way to block its extended tracking efforts. I've had an anti-Facebook list as part of Adblock for a long time (that and I have been using Request Policy for the last couple months, they certainly aren't getting through.) #>
What's the closest equivalent of Little Snitch (Mac program) on Windows?. I was looking for something like this to help track down outbound connections. Too bad the recommendations listed are all pay solutions (nothing open source for this that I can find...) #>
I tend to prefer to use Juniper VPNs on Virtual Machines since it tends to take over the machine it's being run on. Sometimes at work we come across a customer site that requires the Juniper VPN client to be connected. Usually I use a WinXP VM that I've had for years but the last client had some requirements that couldn't be met that way. Linux Mint VM to the rescue, except out of the box it won't connect. These links helped me get the connection up and running (the big trick was replacing Java. The second big trick was kicking this off as root in the terminal so you get the prompts that you need to get)...
- Mint forums - Java and Chromium
- Mint forums - Juniper VPN
- Cracking the Juniper Network Connect problem on Linux 64 bit
- Juniper Network Connect Wrapper for Linux
- Using Juniper Network Connect on Ubuntu / Linux Mint 64 bit with SecureID token authentication
- A shell script to automate the retrieval and installation of the Oracle (Sun) Java Runtime Environment.
The Summit, a Documentary About a K2 Climbing Team, is Now on Netflix. I watched this the other day and it reinforced the idea I have no interest in climbing big mountains... #>
Bookmarked for myself for later because I'll invariably forget this by the next time I need to use it...
- KVM and CentOS-6
- Virtualization With KVM On A CentOS 6.4 Server
- Using KVM virtualization
- RHEL / CentOS 6.x KVM Virtualization Installation and Configuration Guide
- Manage your virtual machines with virsh
- virsh - Linux man page
- KVM: Starting / Stopping Guest Operating Systems With virsh Command
Secure Network Backups in a Heterogeneous Environment in the Time it Takes to Have Pizza Delivered (All Using Open Source Software!) Naturally they recommend their solution but it is open source so why not. Nice guide. #>
If Exercise Feels Like Work, Mindless Snacking May Follow. Attitude counts. #>
Man Who Shot at Cops During No-Knock Raid Acquitted on All Charges. Wow, actual common sense? #>